Scheduler Plugin is a new userview menu for Joget Workflow Enterprise v6 to schedule jobs to run at specific date and time.
You can use this plugin to trigger any process tools (except the Form Data Update Tool, which runs only in a process flow).
For example, you can program the Scheduler Plugin to call a JSON POST API plugin to execute a process start at 8:00am every day in the month of September 2017. Your process could be designed to update some database tables and send out an email notification.
The Scheduler Plugin uses the Java Cron Expression to determine the trigger time. A Cron Expression is a string consisting of six or seven subexpressions (fields) that describe individual details of the schedule. These fields, separated by white space, can contain any of the allowed values with various combinations of the allowed characters for that field.
- Download and import the JSON POST API plugin to see this option in the Plugin options pulldown menu. If you write your own custom process tools plugins, it will also appear in the Scheduler menu pulldown menu.
- JSON POST API calls need to pass the authentication values as documented here.
- This plugin was designed for Joget Workflow Enterprise/Professional Version 6 only. Get the Scheduler Plugin for v5.
- This plugin is not compatible with Joget Cloud and was designed to work only in Joget Workflow On Premise.
- 15-Mac-2018 Updated fix for MSSQL & Oracle databases.
- 14-Apr-2018 Updated fix for CRON validation on edit.
- 12-Jun-2018 Updated xml file in plugin for situations where internet access is blocked or not existing.
- 03-Aug-2018 Updated fix for show log pagination.
- 29-Aug-2018 Updated fix for PostgreSQL database compatibility.
- 23-Apr-2019 Updated fix for wrong display of "This feature is not supported in your installation" message.
Steps To Import This Plugin
- Click "Download" on this plugin screen (It will be a .jar file).
- Go to your Joget Workflow localhost or server, in Joget Console navigate to "Admin Bar>Systems Settings>Manage Plugins" and click "Upload Plugins" button.
- In "Upload Plugin" screen, select the plugin .jar file you just downloaded, then click "Upload".
- Open a new userview builder screen and you will see a new menu option named 'Scheduler Menu'.
- Remember to always uninstall the old plugin before uploading a new version.
- The Joget Workflow Knowledge Base has more information on managing and developing plugins.