Duplicate Data Plugin is a new form element plugin to automatically clone an existing record in Joget v6 and higher version.
Duplicate Data Plugin load the form record based on the "id" value in the URL (for example the URL parameter is 'duplicateId=').
It will populate the Joget form and include nested grids data and file attachments. However, it will not work for Spreadsheet elements in your form.
Clicking 'Save' will save the form with a new record "id", basically cloning the original record. The latest version of this plugin is duplicate_data-6.0.1.jar.
- 14-Dec-2021: Fixed to correctly duplicate grid records.
How To Use This Plugin
- Import the plugin, open your form and drag and drop the "Duplicate Data" element to the bottom of your form.
- Edit the properties and key in the "URL Parameter" value, which is the URL parameter you are using to store the original 'id'.
- For example, you can use "URL Parameter = duplicateId".
- In your datalist, add a new Hyperlink Action for the user to click if they want to duplicate the original record.
- Set the "Hyperlink" to "?_mode=add".
- Set the "Hyperlink Parameters" for "PARAMETER NAME=duplicateId" and "COLUMN NAME=id".
Steps To Import This Plugin
- Click "Download" on this plugin screen (It will be a .jar file).
- Go to your Joget localhost or server, in Joget Console navigate to "Admin Bar>Systems Settings>Manage Plugins" and click "Upload Plugins" button.
- In "Upload Plugin", select the plugin .jar file you just downloaded, then click "Upload".
- Depending on the plugin type, you can now view your new plugin in your Form Builder.
- Remember to always uninstall the old plugin before uploading a new version.
- The Joget Knowledge Base has more information on managing and developing plugins.