The AJAX Select Box Plugin is a new form element that uses AJAX to retrieve options by populating the select box based on the selected datalist. Users can type in the search filter and it will dynamically retrieve the available options as the user continues to key in. Click the images on the right for sample screenshots. You can also download the demonstration app to show the usage of an AJAX Selectbox form field element plugin.
The latest version of this plugin is ajax_selectbox-7.0.7.jar. The 7.0.3 version is needed if you are running Joget Dx v7.0.25 or higher.
This plugin source code is available in a new open source repository at https://github.com/jogetoss/. JogetOSS is a community-led team for open source software related to the Joget no-code/low-code application platform. Projects under JogetOSS are community-driven and community-supported, and you are welcome to contribute to the projects.
This app was designed for Joget Enterprise version 6 and DX.
- 02-Apr-2020 Updated with a bug fix on record retrieval.
- 30-Jun-2021 Updated with minor fix on datalist filtering.
- 15-Jul-2020: Fixed to handle East Asians characters.
- 07-Dec-2021: Fixed to cater for security changes in Joget DX v7.0.25.
- 22-Jul-2022: Fixed option display bug.
- 15-Aug-2022: Fixed option when field is empty.
- 04-Jul-2023: Fixed bug on dropdown display on reset.
- 07-Aug-2023: Fixed bug running on DX 8.
- 06-Oct-2023: Fixed bug in DX 8 Request Parameters property.
Steps To Import This Plugin
- Click "Download" on this plugin screen (It will be a .jar file).
- Go to your Joget localhost or server, in Joget Console navigate to "Admin Bar>Systems Settings>Manage Plugins" and click "Upload Plugins" button.
- In "Upload Plugin", select the plugin .jar file you just downloaded, then click the "Upload" button.
- Depending on the plugin type, you can now view your new plugin in your form or datalist or userview.
- Remember to always uninstall the old plugin before uploading a new version.
- The Joget Knowledge Base has more information on managing and developing plugins.